moving toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello just wondered if anyone can help me out....i am hoping to create a 3rd bedroom by moving the bath and wc into a new partitioned room in the middle of my terraced house, by doing this i will be moving the wc about 2.5m from the external wall and about 2.5m from the wall to the soil stack. I was hoping to install a macerator toilet as the distance from the wc to soil stack is quite far, plus it will have to go under the new bedrooms floorboards.
Will this be acceptable under the building regs? as i'm sure i've read you have to have a normal wc before you can get a macerator installed?

If i can't get a macerator will the distance between the wc and soil stack be too much for a normal wc's waste pipe?

any ideas will be gratefully received.
rob

Sponsored Links
yes u need a graverty WC cant just have a macerater as for the distance WC can go up to 6 metres if i can remeber right.

Provided your joists run the right way, you might just get way with it, as long as you're able to get reasonable fall on the soil from the W.C. under the floor. Once you're through the wall space is not an issue, just connect to stack where you need to. Ive seen it done, had similar idea for here, but would have taken too much space from bedroom, to make it viable. You may need an AAV at the W.C. end though.

I would avoid macerator option, they're prone to problems. Anything other than paper and human waste will jam it, and the result is not pleasant.... Dont think they're allowed if that is the only W.C. in the property anyway, obviously if it goes wrong you are in trouble with no useable W.C.!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back