Want to avoid macerator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Shown here is what I want to achieve.
I have an airing cupboard where I want to have a cloakroom with a WC and a small basin .....and want to swap the basin and WC in the main bathroom.

So the new set up will look as in this image..

All the plumbers have recommended a macerator for the cloakroom.. is there no way to avoid the macerator and link the WC from the cloakroom to the WC of the main bathroom and these then linked to the main outlet soil pipe ?

Any advice will be very much appreciated.. Thanks !!

Sponsored Links
I am assuming that these 'rooms' are both on the same level?

AFAIK (but the experts on here will tell you) it would be nigh on impossible to run 110mm waste from the closet toilet to the 'back toilet' because that would necessitate running the pipe somewhere and I assume your soil pipe from the exisiting toilet doesn't go straight down into a void under the floor.

If those are external walls then I suppose you could run the 110mm waste pipe from the closet toilet out the wall and round to the external soil pipe with the requisite fall but I think that would be severe hassle even if the experts here said it was possible.

Only IMHO though

I am assuming that these 'rooms' are both on the same level?

AFAIK (but the experts on here will tell you) it would be nigh on impossible to run 110mm waste from the closet toilet to the 'back toilet' because that would necessitate running the pipe somewhere and I assume your soil pipe from the exisiting toilet doesn't go straight down into a void under the floor.

If those are external walls then I suppose you could run the 110mm waste pipe from the closet toilet out the wall and round to the external soil pipe with the requisite fall but I think that would be severe hassle even if the experts here said it was possible.

Only IMHO though

Thanks for your response, this is in an apartment on the first floor and yes both rooms are on the same floor. Soil pipe from the existing toilet goes straight down somewhere ...its boxed at the moment..

raise the floor of the new toilet. not so much you bang your head on the ceiling. soil pipe can be run round bathroom wall at low level.

might not be as easy in real life.

Sponsored Links
mcmoby is right.

As far as I can see, you have a few options but these will all depend on the actual construction of your apartment.

(1) Do as mcmoby suggests but you need to raise the closet floor then have a boxed in soil pipe around your bathroom wall.

(2) If you have wooden floors with sufficient room AND your 110mm pipe from your current toilet has room for a branch AND regs permit it, you could run the soil pipe from the new toilet under the floor and into a branch where the current toilet is.

(3) Run the pipe externally

(4) Use a macerator!

There are lots of unknowns here and only an expert will be able to tell you if any of (1) to (3) is actually feasible.

Sorry I cannot be more help.

I get the impression Dan that it would be the ONLY viable alternative given the proposed site of the new toilet and the site of the external soil pipe.

I agree with you on macerators.

Plumber I ain't but I drink with plenty of them and they have nothing good to say about them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back