Mowing strip next to fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I was hoping for some advice on laying an edging strip in my garden to make mowing the lawn easier. At the moment, our grass runs right up to the fence, which has concrete posts (similar to the one at https://goo.gl/images/LtyzgJ ).

My question - if laying block paving bricks, I was thinking I'll probably need a layer of gravel underneath, then sharp sand then bricks.

If digging right up to the edge of the fence - are there any issues I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Joel

Sponsored Links
Depending on how your posts have been cemented in place you might find it hard to dig down to the required depth around the fence posts themselves.

You'll need to give the ground a good tamping beforehand to get a good base to lay onto.

If it's concrete posts and gravel boards all round it'll probably be easier and cheaper to buy a trimmer :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back