Mr Eectrica

Sponsored Links
not a laugh at all.. and good advice..

don't mess with stuff you know sodd all about..

Pure cheese!

Welcome mat? Seem to be all the rage these days, think Npower get a bigger thicker one though.

I'd rarther just get in and get to it, after all customers aren't stupid (well, normally) and will question who's paying for the mats, shoe covers and I quote "Yellow Sunburst Van".

They obviously only work for nice rich people in nice clean houses.

I've needed shoe covers to keep my feet clean om some domestic jobs I've done :evil:

Sponsored Links
I noted he picked up his tool bag off the customs carpet to put on dust sheet should it not have been left in van until dust sheets were laid.
As so often only for show. I had to insist the last lot of tradesmen in my house did not lay dust sheets on stairs as he had no stair rods for them.
Those blue over shoes are death traps no grip once fitted. I can see the point when you need a once only access with muddy shoes but not to work in.
And once he has arrived at your house it is a bit late to discuss rates. If he has a scale of charges as they say he has then why not let you see what they are before he comes out?
But really speaking you can pull apart any advert and at least they are willing to develop standards for their guys.
But when I needed Gas work doing and local guy said call out fee plus what job costs and British Gas were willing to quote fixed fee I went for fixed fee. And however much it goes against the grain I am afraid most customers will do the same until they get to know some one.

hang on, that's not the video I saw.. was some yank on about calling mr elecrtic because he didn't mess with electricity...
think I got the yellow pages advert for some reason???

And once he has arrived at your house it is a bit late to discuss rates. If he has a scale of charges as they say he has then why not let you see what they are before he comes out?
They are offering a quote to start with at no cost. If the customer decides that they don't like the price, then they can just say goodbye.
But often they'll take it if it's anywhere reasonable because they've already lost a days work waiting for the guy to turn up.
And yes, prices will be higher than a time+materials man but you're paying for the image of professionalism, and that's important to some people.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back