MR/Hardiebacker to solid external walls without batons?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got 3 walls for my bathroom to board up for new tiles after removing poorly put up tiles (not me!)

One will have Hardiebacker only as its a wet wall but is an internal solid wall, the other will have half Hardiebacker and half MR, the other will have just MR, these last two walls are external facing solid walls and do get cold so suffered from condensation previously.

I don't really have space for batons for the two external walls, so is there another reliable way to put these boards on a solid brick/cement render surface? As I've read bridging from dot and dab will cause me cold spots on solid walls and worried I will just make problems for the future.

Or alternatively, what is the minimum depth I could get away with for batons for these types of boards?

Cheers for any input.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back