MS Word problem

S

skwirrel

Help

I e mailed a word file to a friend and they opened it and told me it was full of spelling errors. I checked my copy on my PC it was OK. She said that her copy on her PC had swapped all the s's and d's around.

Could this be something to her not having same font set as me or worse a virus. She does have a virus checker but I'm not sure whether she is that good at IT.

TIA

S

Sponsored Links
virus considerations apart, get them to email it back, and see what it looks like.

Reminds me of a prank we used to play on junior programmers. We used to take the keyboard caps off the M and N keys and swap them around. Always caught them out and they couldn't understand where all the compiler errors came from. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Igorian said:
Reminds me of a prank we used to play on junior programmers. We used to take the keyboard caps off the M and N keys and swap them around. Always caught them out and they couldn't understand where all the compiler errors came from. :LOL:

Ha, I was in no need of such sabotage to get my compiler errors, they just let me get on with it! Wasn't it always frustrating, when you got more errors than lines of code in your program !! then perhaps that's only ever happened to me :cry:

Eddie M said:
Wasn't it always frustrating, when you got more errors than lines of code in your program !! then perhaps that's only ever happened to me :cry:

Bin there. The most frustrating time is when you change from one language to another... Multi-lingual code :D

skwirrel said:
Help

I e mailed a word file to a friend and they opened it and told me it was full of spelling errors. I checked my copy on my PC it was OK. She said that her copy on her PC had swapped all the s's and d's around.

This coming from a guy called "skwirrel" (Squirrel?) Just kidding! :D

Do you both have the correct/same language selected?

Also, might be worth checking your dictionary file (you can add words to Word that it doesn't recognize) Have a look in the help file to find/edit this.

Back