Much a do about nothing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was talking to the branch manager of one of my suppliers about non-condensing boilers and the April deadline. He told me that they have a lot of non-condensing boilers on stock and that he had suggested to his managing director that they should be put on special offer in order to get rid. The managing director told him not to do so because as things stand there won't be any problem selling them after April.

They must know something I don't.

Sponsored Links
old boiler broke but same model still available, replace boiler like for like, but put back the old case. Surely its just an big overhaul, not a replacement. :p

should be interesting to see how you get round gwn with a non condensing appliance

I get the distinct impression that there won't be that many self employed installers going in for this gwn malarkey. At the end of the day RGI's are going to have to compete with the unregistered. The customer is king and they hold the purse strings don't they!

Sponsored Links
So we all become service and repair bods, never putting a new appliance in - unless the customer wants to pay extra.
Corgi want to start a silly scheme, so we can all play silly beggars. If they do the job properly and make the merchants report the address where the installation is going to be (like TV licenses) and then send the Customer the bill for their silly scheme, or a fine (like they do for untaxed cars), then I'll play ball.
Until then it's simple: **** *** Corgi.

first things first, the bigger picture needs to be taken in to account. america is one of the biggest pollutant if not the biggest. so before going to the extreme on an appliance in this country, which requires to be run at a 100o/o before it becomes effective. maybe they should persuade the yanks to do there bit first.

From what I understand, mandatory condensing boilers are for new build from April. In existing buildings replacements can be non-condensing, or have I got it wrong?

You should change to oil, they can be non-condensing to April 2007.

oilman said:
You should change to oil, they can be non-condensing to April 2007.

Go for warm air...thy've just skipped over those all together

replacments can be non condensing if they meet the criteria

or to put it in english

forget it as long as you have walls it will hang on etc :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back