Mulitpoint lock for UPVC front door - BS rated?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just changed my house insurance, and my policy says the front door lock must comply with BS3621:1998. It's a UPVC door, and the lock is a Ferco 528 multipoint system (four rollers plus a latch) which is probably about 40 years old - it's certainly older than 1998, as we've been in the house this long.

There's no kitemark on the lock, just the product name and Ferco logo. Is there any possibility that the lock meets BS3621:1998? And if not, do I need a whole new door, or is there a suitable replacement locking mechanism available?

Many thanks for any advice anyone has.

Sponsored Links
Read through your policy again since I know with my insurance I remember reading uPVC doors should have a multi point locking system and 5-pin cylinder. BS3621 gets mentioned about mortice locks.

If you’re not sure phone your insurance company and check!

BS3621:1998 is also dated, and newer standards have been published since.

Good advice above - speak to your insurer and explain that you have a UPVC door. Whatever is agreed, get it in writing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back