Multi cutter blades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a Makita 18v Multi Cutter and have purchased blades from Screwfix/Toolstation in the past. Costing around £7-£8. My experience of these is that generally, they don't last.

I am wondering whether anyone has used blades from ebay and had much joy? I could buy 10 for the same price as 1 from screwfix, etc.

Look forward to your advice.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Sorry, one more..
It doesn't list Makita under the supported tools. I assume Makita support the quick release blades?
Thanks for your help.

Sorry, one more..
It doesn't list Makita under the supported tools. I assume Makita support the quick release blades?
Yes, the two older (brushed motor) Makita 18 volt multitools are OIS compatible.

Spend as much or as little as you like on blades, but they rarely last and as a consumable I wouldn't expect them to. The main difference is stiffness - a stiff blade is easier to use a.d will run a straighter line. Saxton blades are OK, arc blades cut truer and last a bit longer in my experience (admittedly of Bosch arced blades)

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back