Multi tool blade?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve got a MacAllister multi-tool from Screwfix but not sure about whether a certain blade fitting is compatible with it. The circle bits are adaptors it has come with along with the black blade that has also come with it. I’m looking to buy the Saxton one but it looks a little different does anyone know if it will fit?
5F06E231-571F-4BEE-B2C7-769AD0529C80.jpeg1CFE6335-D08E-45FF-B99E-C6EA9794FD4E.jpegC05A61ED-F607-4C5D-8B46-DCA44ECF821C.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I’d have thought they were all interchangeable. Looks the same pattern as my DeWalt one.

Edit: Maybe not!

The circle adaptor is a Fein-compatible adaptor, and as they were the progenitor of all these tools if it will fit a Fein, it'll generally fit most other tools (with or without an adaptor). What does your manual say about the adaptor?

Bosch type fits according to Internet.

I guess you unscrew bolt and slide through blade with pined locking plate. Takes a minute to fit.

Other type is dewalt type that slide in and take 2 seconds..

Sponsored Links
The circle adaptor is a Fein-compatible adaptor, and as they were the progenitor of all these tools if it will fit a Fein, it'll generally fit most other tools (with or without an adaptor). What does your manual say about the adaptor?
The manual says 'The provided tool holder adaptor and the related fixing parts enable the product working with popular brand accessories which cannot be attached to the quick changing tool holder of this product.'

I have had two Fein multitools and I currently have Makita 18 volt cordless tool. They can all use the same "popular" fitting. If you buy your tooling from a firm like Saxton (Google "Saxton multitool blades") you will always be able to get a blade which fits

I have had two Fein multitools and I currently have Makita 18 volt cordless tool. They can all use the same "popular" fitting. If you buy your tooling from a firm like Saxton (Google "Saxton multitool blades") you will always be able to get a blade which fits
Yes that blade in the last picture is from Saxton which is where I'll be buying from.

Are Saxton as good as say Bosch and Makita?

Blup

Are Saxton as good as say Bosch and Makita?
No. But as they are a third or less the price, for a lot of tasks they are good enough. The blades from the "mainstream" manufacturers *(e.g. Fein, Bosch, deWalt, Makita, etc) are thicker, and so for some cuts will give you greater accuracy, the "mainstream" manufacturers offer certain blades with patented or copyright features (e.g Bosch's curved edge blades which cut faster than straight edge blades) and some of the "mainstream" manufacturers offer blades that are otherwise unavailable or hard to source (e.g. deWalt's plasterboard and drywall blade, Fein's Japanese tooth blades were in that category for a few years, too). But against that a lot of the work I use multitools for isn't presision stuff, and for that the cheaper, more flexible blades are fine, especially if I'm doing something which will wreck three blades in an hour

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back