Multi tool blades. Guidance required.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm fed up of buying cheap rubbish multi tool quick change blades. I have decided to invest in some decent quality longer lasting blades.
Can anybody help with suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
David

Sponsored Links
Glad someone made this thread. I've this evening bought my first OMT after spotting a good deal on a second hand Bosch Brushless on eBay.

First one I need is something to remove lots and lots of grout....

For wood the Bosch blades with a curved edge are excellent - pity they cost so much. In my own experience there are cheapies which flex too much (although Saxton seem to be the best of a mediocre bunch) and there are the OEM blades which cost a bomb. All I'd say is to use or swap to an old blade if you think you'll encounter metal, stone, brick or concrete

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
I've had an ask about and one brand that has been mentioned as good is Smart. I've had a look about and there are difference prices, toolstation is one of the best.

There are also different grades, like their top of the line and what not. Might pick a few up.

I've heard Saxton mentioned as alright cheapies but don't expect them to last for too long .

The terms 'long-lasting' and 'multiblade' don't sit well together.
a very true statement :D
yes better ones will last but in the same way free carrier bag compared to a 10p carrier
rather than compared to a long lasting shopping trolly :rolleyes:

Need a bit of advice gents.

So as I mentioned I bought a (second hand) Bosch GOP-18v-EC.

As I've used it so far it's been great but I'm wondering about what's compatible and what isn't.

I've got some blades that are OIS compliant (full circle mount) that work perfectly. I also bought some dewalt (listed as universal) carbide grout tools but they simply won't stay on the tool.

They have what I've called a horse shoe mount, two thirds if you like, mount with a cut out on the back, probably suited more so to the dewalt cordless multitool.

My question is, do I have to have a 'full circle' 'OIS' mount tool or do I have a dodgey second hand unit?

Last edited by a moderator:
if you tell Saxton the make and model, they will tell you which of their blade ranges will fit.

They may also still have adaptors to convert uncommon fittings to common ones.

if you tell Saxton the make and model, they will tell you which of their blade ranges will fit.

They may also still have adaptors to convert uncommon fittings to common ones.

Do they have a dedicated website? Given my ignorance at this point I've ordered a few different tools which I think might end up leaving me out of pocket so I'm a bit reluctant to buy more.

Do they have a dedicated website? Given my ignorance at this point I've ordered a few different tools which I think might end up leaving me out of pocket so I'm a bit reluctant to buy more.
they are a consumables so as such cannot be avoided they are the running cost off the tool :D
in the same way you order an oven to cook a pizza the cooker is the tool
and they are the pizza is the blade :D

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back