Blades for Makita Multi Cutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I own a 18v Makita multi-tool and its had the same blade for quite some time. I am sure this needs to be replaced as I've given it plenty of abuse!

It currently has a blade similar for this and I primarily use it for wood
upload_2019-9-25_22-15-13.png

I've seen plenty of sets you can buy but I think I just want one decent "universal" blade. Can someone recommend one please?

Sponsored Links
We give our multitool blades plenty of abuse and they last from 2 days to 2 weeks..... Basically because of the quantity we use it's generally a case of using cheap Rodax bimetallic blades or Bryson bimetallics when we can get them, or sometimes Saxton bimetallic blades. I find the Bryson ones to be the best of the three but I avoid other cheaper blades these days as they tend to be on the thin side which makes them more prone to flexing in the cut (not good if you want a straight cut). BTW this is for use on timbers which often contain nails, so carbon steel blades last one or two cuts at most in our (current) environmentpp. If you aren't using loads of blades the Bosch Curvetec blades cut beautifully accurately, last a good while but also cut faster than conventional straight blades - but they do cost a lot so I reserve them for my own use!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the erbauer and they're good.
They're sharp and don't bend, but if you hit a nail they go flat immediately.
Not bad for the price though

Sponsored Links
No universal blades, you buy wood [which will also cut plastic] or metal [which will also cut plastic and wood slowly].

For demolition/refurb work (in timber) I buy/am supplied with bimetallic blades - these don't blunt the minute you hit metal (like a nail or screw) but equally they don't cut metal all that long, either. For timber I prefer the Japanese tooth blades, which are carbon steel, won't cut metal at all and get damaged really easily. Their big plus is that they will cut softer, clear grained (i.e.not knotty) timber lightening fast. Beware, though, because unlike regular tooth blades these can cut into the flesh if you are careless. TBH I don't think there is such a thing as a universal blade, but the bimetallic ones I've mentioned above get the nearest. And yes, I've used Erbauer blades a few times when I've run out. They are nothing special (try a Bosch Curvetec and you'll see what I mean). Maybe I'm just in a tougher environment

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back