Multi tool

My 2 pence is buy Ryobi.....

I have a Fein and it's a pleasure.. but expensive
I have a Ryobi - does every job I've asked it to. Fancy blade holding / quick systems aren't that much of a time saver. As others have said use quality blades and many problems go away.

Workmate has a 'worx' one and my Ryobi is better. He had a Bosch (Blue) for a while. Masonry dust is the killer.

Sponsored Links
to be honest any multitool regardless off cost or quality will be fine in occasional general cutting and the best thing since sliced bread
its when you need an efficient quick and highly accurate cut are needed the extra money becomes important
;)

cheaper tools or blades can flutters this is where the blade crabs or vibrate a bit so instead of a clean plunge you finish up fighting the blade as it causes several furrows before grounding in a random furrow this can be reduced by a finger giving support but reduces the ease in confined areas that only allow one-handed use

its worth pointing out that a blade not fitted correctly [not flat] can cause fluttering

I agree.

So many different brands on the market.

If i was to use one every day then i would be willing to spend more. Very occasional use for me though.

Soon need one to cut laminate around the edge of a room as someone layed it all without leaving an expansion gap and floor now buckled up!!!!

The Leatherman Wave+ is a great option for a multi-tool that offers tool-less blade changing. It's priced at a mid-level, so you can get a good quality tool without breaking the bank. The Wave+ comes with 17 tools, including scissors and removable bit drivers, in addition to pliers, an electric crimper, and serrated/regular cutters.
This thread is discussing multi tools like this:
1672215674832.png

Rather than the more retro type of multi tool that you have suggested:
1672215727269.png

One of the main reasons to have a multi in the first place would be for it to be cordless.

Sponsored Links
One of the main reasons to have a multi in the first place would be for it to be cordless.
Don't know, woody.
I have a cordless and corded and for some reason the cordless battery is dead or dying when I need it.
So unless I have a plan to use the multitool and charge it up, I end up using the corded.

Don't know, woody.
I have a cordless and corded and for some reason the cordless battery is dead or dying when I need it.
So unless I have a plan to use the multitool and charge it up, I end up using the corded.
I don't have that dilemma as the tool shares batteries with my other kit.

But I too have mains and cordless, and I last used the mains one over 10 years ago when I got the cordless! It's my loaner now.

Have a Bosch corded and Dewalt cordless. Bigger jobs corded but a quick cut the Dewalt every time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back