1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Quality of Multi-tool v quality of blade

Discussion in 'Tools and Materials' started by rubble2, 7 Jan 2021.

1. rubble2

rubble2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I have a cheapo corded multitool which I use for occasional DIY jobs. I was considering buying a better quality tool as a replacement but I got to wondering if I would get a better return for my investment by keeping the existing tool and buying the best blades I can get for it?

If good blades in cheap tool is the way to go, which brand of blades should I consider in future?

Thanks

2. foxhole

foxhole

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Not noticed a great deal of difference in machine or blade quality, I use Saxton blades as they are cheap and last as long as the more expensive brands.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Links
  4. ETAF

ETAF

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i have used a few different blades on a Dewalt and also find the Saxton blades good quality for the price - purchased quite a few last year for a lot of DIY jobs
    Done quite a few jobs last year , wood, metal , brick , plaster & concrete Dewalt been very good , along with the Saxton blades

Last edited: 8 Jan 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. ellal

ellal

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Another vote for Saxton blades.

But as for the multi-tool, I went for a tool free blade change one with vari speed (dewalt) and certainly haven't regretted it!

6. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

7. Sponsored Links