Multi-finish disposal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, i have a few bags of multifinish left over from a DIY job and i am not sure how/where to dispose of them - they are now out of date too. Can i just take them to the tip? or put them in my usual household waste bin for collection by the council?

Thanks in advnace...

Sponsored Links
I don't think the bin men would thank you?

Personally I would offer it on freecycle or Facebook for free.

Just because it's out of date, doesn't mean it's of no use.
Keep them in a dry place, and offer them to any local plasterers who would use them.

Sponsored Links
Out of date plaster 'flashes'. This means it flash sets. It has a use-by date for a reason. Out of date plaster, once applied to its intended surface, whether the background has been prepared properly or not, will set solid in a matter of minutes. This leaves the tradesperson or DIY'er nowhere near enough time to trowel it up to an acceptable standard.

You could make some crap sculptures... That's about all its good for.

Out of date plaster 'flashes'. This means it flash sets. It has a use-by date for a reason. Out of date plaster, once applied to its intended surface, whether the background has been prepared properly or not, will set solid in a matter of minutes. This leaves the tradesperson or DIY'er nowhere near enough time to trowel it up to an acceptable standard.

You could make some crap sculptures... That's about all its good for.

If out of date plaster ( within reason), is kept in dry place, there's no problem. A few weeks ago, our local B&Q were selling out of date plaster as "clearance", half price,, it went like hotcakes.
If plaster is kept in a damp cold place, even if it's "in date", it's not good.

A few weeks ago, our local B&Q were selling out of date plaster as "clearance", half price,, it went like hotcakes.
I’m surprised with the so-called plaster 'shortage' that it got a chance to go out of date at B&Q. :whistle:

I’m surprised with the so-called plaster 'shortage' that it got a chance to go out of date at B&Q. :whistle:

It was more or less a whole pallet of Bonding Coat plaster. Every bag on the pallet had a red sticker, marked "Clearance", down from £9 odd per bag, to £5.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back