Multi zone heating in new build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Someone very helpfully pointed out today that new homes need to have separate heating zones. So this has raised a few questions for me:

Do the different zones have to be piped up separately? or Is it possible that all radiators would be piped as normal in a flow/return system but i could use wireless TRVs in one zone and normal TRVs in another zone?

The NHBC say that in houses less than 150m2 (mine is) you CAN have a single zone BUT you need to be cautious of meeting TER and TFEE rates and you can do this by wireless TRVs, so does this mean its less overall work, like as above using wireless TRVs?

The reason i ask is because i have solid joists and running any more pipework than necessary is a nightmare, and with this virus i havent seen the plumber for a while and i want to know what my options are.

im a bit confused so thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Depends where you live, we dont want your address just say where you are different rules for different areas

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back