Smart TRV range

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks. I'm a complete dumbass when it comes to the subject of smart TRVs etc and would like some advice please.

Our current setup is a large'ish house with a single storey annex on the side. So quite a wide footprint. It's currently a single zone Y plan and for obvious reasons, I want to make it multi-zone, mostly so we can separate the annex which is occupied all day whereas the main house isn't. Rather than convert from a Y plan and add a couple of zones, I'm considering converting to smart TRVs throughout. I think my main concern is that the boiler/controller will be 30m or so away from the TRVs in the annexe, with a few walls in the way. How do these TRVs work? Are they wifi connected or do they have their own RF transmitters? Am I going to struggle with such a range? Any suggestions for what my best options might be for my scenario? I want to keep it relatively simple.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Take a look at Drayton Wiser equipment. They offer smart trv and importantly in your case they also offer a smart plug that also acts as a range extender.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back