Drayton Wiser TRV issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I fitted a Drayton wiser kit with two room thermostats last year. It is currently running two separate zones for the central heating and has been working fine.
We had a loft conversion last year with the radiators in the loft being added to one of the zones. It had always been my intention to fit wiser smart TRVs on the rooms in the loft to create a third zone.
I fitted one of these smart TRVs in the loft snug room today and all seemed to go well, however when I turn the new TRV on via the app, it turns on all the radiators in that zone. I was under the impression I would be able to control the radiator on its own so that I could have just that radiator on and the others would be off?
Can anyone advise where I might have gone wrong? It is showing as its own room in the app? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_6661.png
    IMG_6661.png
    194.8 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6662.png
    IMG_6662.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 24
Sponsored Links
I don’t think you can do it the way you describe, you’d need a 3rd zone valve setup to independently run the heating in just the loft. Unless you have Wiser trv’s on the same zone?

I see, so I would need smart TRVs on all the radiators in that zone to have single radiators on and off? Essentially it’s controlling them individually through an app rather than turning them off but closing the valves manually?

Sponsored Links
Yes, basically it’s the zone valve that brings the heating on, not trv’s. The only thing Wiser will let you do, is as you say, turn the trv’s on and off via the app for that zone. So if the loft is on the same zone as the middle floor, then you need Wiser trv’s for all the rad stars on that floor too. If you had another zone valve just for the loft, then you’d have independent zones which are the room thermostats plus any trv’s.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back