Multifuel burner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am thinking of fitting a log/multifuel burner in my lounge. I need to understand the complications so i can cost out.

My main problem is that it is a flat roof extension. I want to go out through the flat roof(currently felted). It will be about 15 foot from the main walls of the house.

I need to understand if it is possible to put a double skinned flue through this type of roof and if so how high does it need to go because of the main double stories of the original house.

Any advice on how i can achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I think the minimum height specified in part j is 4m. Different stove manufacturers then specify separate minimum flue heights plus the minimum flue draft required.
For example the stratford mi's specify a minimum of 4.5 m from the top of the stove outlet!
So thats about 18' from floor level.

Exiting a single storey flat roof it would likely need guy wires or a separate stabilising mast to hold it .
You really don't want it looking like a power station at the end of the day with you neighbours pointing and asking....
"what is that?... is it a bird, is it a plane, is it a rocket , is it a ufo???,,, no its next door neighbours super duper flue pipe!"
Ideally you want the stove positioned close to main building.
The flue would cost around £1000.
RichardC has a plathora of links on the forum.....

//www.diynot.com/forums/building/sandstone-cottage-woodburner-install.289112/#2104535

If i were to go near to the house would it not be a problem with the bedroom windows on the second storie?

How do i get to Richards links?

Please advise

Sponsored Links
as long as you realise its a lifestyle choice that will cost you time and money after the initial fitting cost :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back