multifuel stoves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone fit a wood/multifuel stove or do you need some kind of qualification like you do for gas? my mate is a builder and has said he can fit one for me but someone else told me if my house burnt down my insurance would be void if i didn't have some kind of certification.

Sponsored Links
Needs to be a Hetas registered installer or you can get it signed off by building control ;)

thanks i know my mate isn't so does it take much to get building control out?

A Building Notice submission & fee is payable before you start. The fire installation must also comply with Building Regulations which includes provision/compliance with such things as flue liners, the constructional & decorative hearth, fireproof materials, a notice plate & provision of permanently open ventilation if the stove output is above 5Kw. The Building Inspector may require to witness a smoke test.

Here’s a link;
http://www.stovesonline.co.uk/stove_building_regulations.html

Do it properly, a badly installed stove can kill you. ;)

Sponsored Links
hi, we got a local hetas registered lad to fit a stovax stockton 5 he took the wood lintel out and fitted a concrete one so the fireplace is now building regs compliant. We then sent the wood to a joiner who cut it and fixed it to the concrete as a feature. It looks smart and burner works great. thanks for your posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back