Multikwik pan connector to cast iron bend question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Hoping someone can help with a multikwik question please.
I am replacing a toilet on a cast iron pipe 4" internal diameter.

I am replacing with a closed couple toilet and I also want to move it to the left (as viewed from above) by 75-100mm. The basic question is how far back can I take the cast iron pipe and still get a good seal? This is the first pan I've ever done so not too familiar with which bits of multikwik will fit. Do I need to keep the collar to allow a (relatively) straight connection to an offset multikwik?
If I can cut the collar (or part of the collar) back then this lowers the cast soil a little which would help too. If the cistern were flush to the wall then the end of the new pan spigot would be 130mm from the wall. That equates to the top (i.e. nearest to wall) of the upside down LCC lettering in the first pic. Will that be too tight or do I need to box out the cistern to give more clearance?

Any help much appreciated!
Cheers,
Lube

Sponsored Links
Cut back to the wall as close as possible, plenty of fittings to couple to the cast iron. You wont be able to get a 100mm horizontal offset with only 130mm between the wall and the pan spigot though.

Thanks for the reply! Ok so i need to cut the pipe back close to the wall. That's a 120 degree bend i'll be cutting off then. If i put a multikwik connector in i'll need to fit a bend to get the pipe sticking out perpendicular to the wall again won't I? When you say wall do you mean the plasterboard or the brick?
If you were to move this toilet 75mm to the left and were trying to get the toilet as close to the wall as possible where on my photo would you cut the pipe? And which multikwik fittings would you use to finish it off?

Like I say - never fitted a pan before!

My apologies - I didn't look at the first photo properly!

At the point where the cast pipework exits through the brickwork is it at a right angle to the face of the wall? If it is then I would cut the waste as close to the brick as possible. If it has the bend embedded in the wall then I'd cut behind the collar. If either possible cut doesn't enable you to get the pan in the position you want then it's either move the pan or alter the external stack connection to suit your desired pan location.

The range of connectors is here
http://www.multikwik.com/catalogue/14/wc-connectors.html

Be cautious if you use an offset - they don't work well horizontally!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back