Multiple Boiler Issues - Shower hot/cold & Pressure drop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all,

Regular reader but only recently registered as per the topic name, I am having several issues with my boiler - I am also a novice when it comes to plumbing.

Now before I call anyone out was hoping I could get a some thoughts on what my problems could be.

the only information i know about my boiler is a Potterton Heatmax 28 Combi and as of recent it appears that the shower temperature is going hot/cold/hot/cold constantly. I did happen a while ago but went back to normal after a day or so. In addition to this the pressure on the boiler drop to 1 (or below sometimes) pretty much every other day and I got have to increase this on a constant basis.

I have checked other taps and they all work fine particularly the hot taps are constantly hot so it just appears to be the shower.

So, is there any ideas as to the what the problems could be and how easy it is to fix/repair? Is the pressure dropping part of the cause of the hot/cold temperature of the shower?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back