Multiple telephone home extensions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to install somewhere between 10 to 20 extensions in my home, garden shed &c. I am taking the feed off the BT master socket to a single control zone with extensions being distributed from there. I will probably use a telephone extension booster from Maplin. The extensions will be used for telephone, broadband and Sky although probably only a maximum of 5 would be in use at any one time.
Can anyone suggest a junction box to take all these extensions in parallel?

Sponsored Links
For the cost of the booster, the cable, junction boxes (probably sold by Maplin), cable clips or staples, extension sockets, screws, wall plugs, telephones, and extra ADSL microfilters, you could buy a decent wireless router and a set of cordless phones and base units. And it would be MUCH less work to install.

Is there any particular reason you want to hard-wire all of this?

Thanks for your reply
Well - the wiring and outlet sockets are all there and I do already have a Sky wireless router. The area of distribution is large and the broadband signal does not always cover this - wired always works. Also I need a wired system for Sky.

Sponsored Links
You really don't want the ADSL going through all this extension wiring it will play havoc on the performance. I would suggest you fit a filtered socket and run your extensions in such a way that most are phone only connected to the filtered output on the socket and the minimum would be connected to the unfiltered signal.

Make sure you use a twisted pair phone cable such as CW1308 or CAT5.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back