SECOND EXTENSION BOX

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is my current setup - sorry for the terminology....

Master socket downstairs with a wire to an extension socket upstairs. This is wired via telephone cable - not by plug and cable. BT setup [BT Broadband] Therefore, master socket plus a socket in the extension box. Currently, both sockets have filters. The master socket downstairs has just a telephone plugged into the filter. The extension socket [upstairs]filter has my broadband cable plugged into it [no telephone]

I want to add another extension box on to this setup on the upstairs [in another room] This is for a second socket upstairs which I intend to use for a broadband cable and/or telephone [with a filter of course]

For a variety of reasons, I need to wire the second extension box in and not use plug and cable.

Can I 'piggyback' the second extension off the first extension box or do I need to run the second extension box from the master??

Hope that makes sense

Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
yes you can

but to make life easier use the same colurs as are now connected, and connect them the same at both ends

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back