multipoint boiler - hot water draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be installing a new bathroom in a couple of weeks and need to learn things pretty fast. Question is, after turning off the indoor stop valve, will it be safe to run my hot water taps to drain them if I have a multipoint (Instant)boiler?

Will I need to shut off my boiler for a while whilst the water is off?

Thanks
:)

Sponsored Links
are you sure its a multi point as aint come across one of those for many a year :LOL:

whats its name

It probably isn't a multipoint boiler then, all I know is that we've no cistern or hot water tank and the hot water comes from an instant gas boiler. I don't quite know where I got the multipoint name from, I thought it sounded right from the description I saw for it.

Thanks for the tip! any hints on how to drain the hot water supply of the boiler now?

Turn Off Boiler
turn off water
open taps up and down to drain system
replace bathroom
Turn on water
run all taps to ensure sytem is full
turn on boiler
have a bath ( you will need it )

All the above is assuming you have a Main severn type of heater or a combi, If not just ignore all the above.

I am not a plumber or heating engineer

Sponsored Links
Thats a combi you got ther mate .

turn the boiler off then turnyours main water off the open a hot tap Viola :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back