Music From Nowhere...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had the boy's computer fired up & was playing with the audio settings.

Had some music on Youtube. Then all of a sudden, some other music came on. Sounds like battle game type music.

But there was nothing open. No games or pop-ups or anything appeared on the screen, just music from the speakers.

Even after closing the web browser down, it continued to play...

Screen shot:

xpdesktop_zpsb032cf8d.jpg

I did click to see what else appeared on the bar and it was just MS SE.

Could it be a virus?

Sponsored Links
It's a good idea to have at least an updated virus scanner running at all times but my guess here would be that you inadvertently clicked some link on Youtube or an advertising popup gave you an unwanted audio file. If this was played directly through Windows Media Player it would be independent of your browser and might even loop until you found the source or rebooted.

What is the system tray icon to the right of the Language Bar (EN) icon? It looks like a stylised radio so could it be for internet radio?

Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) shows you what applications and processes are active on your PC. Some of those are a little obscure but this free program gives a quick but commented snapshot of applications which have recently used your hard drive:

http://www.itsth.com/en/produkte/Whats-my-computer-doing.php?fromwmcd

It installs a shortcut link to your startup folder so if you find the program useful but don't want it to start with Windows every time this link can be deleted.

Sponsored Links
Back