My Baxi Combi 105HE is whistling a lot!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved into a new house and our Baxi combi 105HE keeps whistling. It's a really irratic whistle (almost sounds like a starling on acid).

It's driving me mad can someone please tell me what it is and whether i can do anything about it.

NB - We had a big leak on a dodgy elbow joint recently and once replaced I had to bleed all the radiators and re-presurise the system.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

Sponsored Links
How long was the part leaking?

Did you carry on repressurising over a period of time?

Could it be what we call kettling?

Is it only on when the flame is on or all the time?

Can you isolate it to the pump, fan or combustion chamber?

Tony

I think the kettling suggestion might be right - it does sound like a kettle boiling.

The leak was a small one which i think got worse over a period of time - the first we knew about it, the water started coming through a light fitting in the downstairs bathroom.

I haven't found a pattern to the whistling yet because it happens very irratically.

What is kettling?

Sponsored Links
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A STARLING ON ACID.BUT I BET YOU HAVE ,YOU FREAK. :LOL:

A high pitched whistling noise would indicate diverter valve needs replacing

Baxmax said:
I HAVE NEVER SEEN A STARLING ON ACID.BUT I BET YOU HAVE ,YOU FREAK. :LOL:

Whoa bad karma bax dude

;)

BTW what the eefff are you on about ;)

Badgermentor said:
Hi,

I have recently moved into a new house and our Baxi combi 105HE keeps whistling. It's a really irratic whistle (almost sounds like a starling on acid).

It's driving me mad can someone please tell me what it is and whether i can do anything about it.

NB - We had a big leak on a dodgy elbow joint recently and once replaced I had to bleed all the radiators and re-presurise the system.

PLEASE HELP ASAP!

I reckon the LSD needs changing :LOL:

OK - The comparison to a starling on acid seems to have drawn out some nut jobs so can we have less of the comments about acid and a bit more constructive feedback please.

:confused:

Badgermentor said:
OK - The comparison to a starling on acid seems to have drawn out some nut jobs so can we have less of the comments about acid and a bit more constructive feedback please.

:confused:

do us a favour stop making you type huge

its just friggin annoying

well this post has gone down hill quickly .. lets sort this guy out .. ??? he has a legitimate problem ...

i doubt the problem is caused by the leak ...

possible causes up to now diverter .. ? maybe new diagphram would fix this ??

fan squeal ??

not really sure of these problem i have fitted near on hundreds of these butnever come across a squealing ??? y not try manufacturers tech support ???

Is this the Honeywell diverter with the white lever on the side?

Or the Italian job with the black motor head?

Is it the diverter valve itself or the filter shuttle housing with the flow restrictor?

Kettling is more of a hissing and caused by lime scale! Whistling is quite high pitched about 2300 Hz.

Tony

Normal type size - sorry if it caused any offense.

Thanks to some of you for your useful advice - sorry I couldn't be anymore specific - I think the jobs beyond my capabilities. If it gets worse - I'll call somone out.

Thanks again to all those who gave genuine repsonses and help.

All the best

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back