my boiler wont stay lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a ferroli falcon boiler when i turn my boiler on it is starting up staying lit for 10 secs then cutting out i have had the pressure switch and the gas valve changed so do any1 have any other ideas for me to try the problem is both the heating and hot water

Sponsored Links
could be a fault with the flame ratification

does the sparking across the electrodes continue all the while whilst the main burner is lit you should be able to hear this and possibly view it through the sight glass on the front of the boiler

could be a fault with the flame ratification

does the sparking across the electrodes continue all the while whilst the main burner is lit you should be able to hear this and possibly view it through the sight glass on the front of the boiler

hi i dont get a continuos spark it lites up then shuts off i have to reset the boiler to get a spark again

would it not be worth while getting back the engineer who carried out the repairs as it could be a problem with the gas pressure setting on the gas valve :?:
as you can appreciate its very difficult to give definitive answers when you are not there inspecting the boiler :!:

Sponsored Links
If it was my boiler and I did not know what I know now then I would not be wanting to pay him if he had not repaired the boiler!

Tony

my dad is a plumber it was him who changed the parts we did not pay for them as we used the 1s from his boiler as he has the same 1s he is just baffled with this problem as no one he knows can work out what else it could be so thought we would try on here for any suggestions thanks for the suggestions

He did not carry out repairs, he changed parts for no reason. i'd look for a better chap.[/quote]

lol cant talk about the ladies farther like that :LOL:

The circuit board which provides the flame rectification would be my first suspect!

Tony

Or in simple language, is your father a plumber or a gas registered boiler engineer?

To diagnose anything other than simple boiler faults you need the latter!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back