Ravenheat 84ET will not stay lit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I turn on the hot water, the boiler fires up and stays lit for about 7-8 seconds then just goes off then with the water still running it fires back up after about 30 seconds and then stays lit for about 12 seconds and then goes out again, it contunes to do this staying around 12 - 15 seconds no more.

The burner bars light for about 3 seconds then full flames appear.

With the CH, the same lighting time applies however, it does not go to full flame (not sure it it is surpossed to or not?)

The heating is on call.

The boiler bloke says I need a new gas valve but as this is going to cost a fair bit I thought I would double check on here to start with.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I dont want to give money away if it does not fix the problem.

Also, aside from the above, I strabge one is that since we have had the boiler for about 6 years or so when you turn the hot water tap on, you have to turn it to just the right position for the boiler to fire up otherwise to lit pressure or to much pressure and it wont work! and ideas on this?? boiler man cant find anything wrong apparently.

Thanks again!!

Sponsored Links
Would be the CH sensor even when I switch the boiler to HW only??

Sponsored Links
Is it working totally normally on CH ???

I dont think its the gas valve at fault!

Tony

No, the CH does not work at all. Just turns off like the HW.

I will change both sensors and see how we go.

Anyone any idea about the water pressure - could this be the water pressure switch??

Thanks to everyone so far.

more than likely to be the diapharm

your low water pressure switch only tells you when u have no pressure in ur CH system,

low water pressure switch wouldnt have any effect on what ur describing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back