My broadband cable was damaged

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The cable was attached to a piece of metal with an eye that was hammered into the wall when they installed the cable.

However an oil lorry snagged the cable and pulled the down cable from the wall

Thankfully we still have the signal and cable was not damaged.internally

However I want to reset the tension and there is a small plastic device sitting right next the eye.

I cannot detach it from the cable and wonder now if this a job that I can do myself or will I have to contact my broadband provider

Maybe there are special tools required?

Attachments

• 20220619_200213.jpg
    20220619_200213.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 82
  • 20220619_200203.jpg
    20220619_200203.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 20220619_182454.jpg
    20220619_182454.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 78
  • 20220619_182311.jpg
    20220619_182311.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 82
Sponsored Links
Contact your broadband provider and tell them that the cable is down, think of the last day you had a storm and say it was then.
If you attempt anything and screw it up it could be worse for you when you get them to come do it.

Just tell isp cable has fallen down, less said the better, easier to get it replaced .

Sponsored Links
If the cable crosses a road and/or public right of way then definitely a job for the provider.
No ,it is on my land (it comes from the main road,of course and uses an old wooden electricity pole in the garden to straddle the distance up the the house.The pole was undamaged but the cable was partially pulled away from the house and fell on the ground. Also undamaged)

Last edited:
I wonder if it's worth moving the cable, if it's been caught once, it's obviously in a venerable spot, and could happen again.

I wonder if it's worth moving the cable, if it's been caught once, it's obviously in a venerable spot, and could happen again.
Yes ,that occured to me

I always thought there was plenty of clearance .

I haven't reported it yet as it is quite secure now and much higher off the ground than it was before

But if I do report it they may well be unhappy replacing it exactly as it was.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back