my combi boiler keeps switching off and more...help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Two years ago i had a radiator removed out my livingroom and put into my kitchen,as i had the gas fire and a rad would of been to much,i took out a 12months heating breakdown cover with a large company.i must of called them out over 10 times.they change the diverter,and replaced a pipe plus other parts through out the year,but still the pressure drops,and when i run a hot bath the systems red light comes on and the hot water turns cold and my central heating turns off to.I refused to carry on with the policy and wondering should i buy a new boiler but being a single parent i know this will cost a fortune,if anyone has any idea what this could be please please could you let me know.my boiler is a britony 100.combination boiler...thankyou

Sponsored Links
Do you think you could rewrite that with sentences and proper punctuation.

That would make it easier to read and understand!

When you say the pressure drops do you mean the pressure in the boiler ? what does the pressure guage read ? when the systems red lockout light comes on does the boiler just require topping up ?

You have a leak (surprise)

in the short term, you need to keep the system pressurised, but this will be constantly intrpducing fresh water with the various nasties it contains and diluting the inhibitor (Which I hope you do have in the system)

Once it gets warm enough, you need to locate and repair the leak

I have the same problem, but since it takes 6 months to lose half a bar, its easier just to top up from time to time

Sponsored Links
when the boiler cuts off and the red light comes on the pessure can be on 0 or 2 i have to keep pressing the reset button otherwise the water runs cold,

the red lock-out light on the Britony combi indicates an ignition failure. It's nothing to do with the pressure. You need a heating engineer to check out the ignition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back