My cunning plan for a new invention

...my concept is to develop a valvy/pump type thing which uses the flow from the cold mains to turn an impellor which "sucks" water from the hot supply so that the output flow rate/pressure from the hot and cold is equalised by this governor effect. ...
My car has the exact same thing, only with gas in stead of liquid, and it works a treat; it's called: turbo.
Don't see why it wouldn't work with water, go for it; if you can produce it for under 50 quid, you are in business.

Sponsored Links
I've already looked at this a few years ago. The problem is that a shower uses more hot than cold (assume 2:1) so the physics of the turning impellers doesn't really work..

In that case, I can incorporate a flow restrictor in the cold :confused:

Or you could suggest not opening the hot more than necessary, or even a thermostatic shower.

Sponsored Links
If you want to get rich, don't get into manufacturing; on average about 85% of the retail price is distribution, and the remaining 15% include the materials.
The mark up on class A is even higher as the guy next door can tell you.
Correction: could.

If you want to get rich, don't get into manufacturing; on average about 85% of the retail price is distribution, and the remaining 15% include the materials.
The mark up on class A is even higher as the guy next door can tell you.
Correction: could.

Did you know that a kirby vacuum cleaner (costs around £1500 last time I looked) gets shipped into the UK for less than £100 cost price per unit to importer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back