My cunning plan for a new invention

D

dextrous

Having recently designed a cheap alternative to a magnaclean (a cheap radiator with a couple of magnets stuck on it!), I have now come to the conclusion that I need to divert my mind to a new concept.

It frequently comes up on this forum that mixer taps have cold mains supply and gravity hot, for which there is currently no easy remdy other than prvs, pumps etc.

So, my concept is to develop a valvy/pump type thing which uses the flow from the cold mains to turn an impellor which "sucks" water from the hot supply so that the output flow rate/pressure from the hot and cold is equalised by this governor effect. It would require no electricity to run it, no new feeds from a flange and CWSV etc and require as much plumbing in skills as for a thermostatic mixer valve situated under the bath/sink.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Having recently designed a cheap alternative to a magnaclean (a cheap radiator with a couple of magnets stuck on it!), I have now come to the conclusion that I need to divert my mind to a new concept.

It frequently comes up on this forum that mixer taps have cold mains supply and gravity hot, for which there is currently no easy remdy other than prvs, pumps etc.

So, my concept is to develop a valvy/pump type thing which uses the flow from the cold mains to turn an impellor which "sucks" water from the hot supply so that the output flow rate/pressure from the hot and cold is equalised by this governor effect. It would require no electricity to run it, no new feeds from a flange and CWSV etc and require as much plumbing in skills as for a thermostatic mixer valve situated under the bath/sink.

What do you think?

congratulations on your 1000 post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you think?

congratulations on your 1000 post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks - never noticed it, But it was well worth the wait.

Sponsored Links
trevi boost shower uses cold mains to pull hot gravity through at same pressure as cold.

So, just need to adapt the Trevi shower mechanism and there we have it.

A flow restrictor wouldn't be the ticket - am looking to increase the flow of hot, not reduce the flow of cold.

Most of the successful inventions are not anything new but just marketing something more effectively!

The Magnaclean was nothing new but just a design which worked and was cheap to produce and it was well publicised and marketed.

The Saniflow was nothing new but just applying a pump to a toilet outlet!

Tony

Given the number of references/questions on this forum related to this problem with mixer taps/ showers etc, seems a simple thing to want to have available for a few quid, and quicker and less complicated to install than a pump.

if you want to get under the bath and fit it your welcome.
Funny20Animation20206.gif

If you right click on that stupid duck thing then it will stop moving!

Funny20Animation20206.gif

No, you are right the damm thing only stops until the click menu shows!

If you right click on that stupid duck thing then it will stop moving!

Not for me it doesn't! Does give me the option to set as my background, which I'll forego for the time being

I've already looked at this a few years ago. The problem is that a shower uses more hot than cold (assume 2:1) so the physics of the turning impellers doesn't really work.

I am patenting a different idea at the moment but be aware that the moment you tell someone what it is, the patent application falls down because it is in the public domain.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back