My cutting in looks different to my roller finish...help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm repainting my kitchen walls. I started with the wall and ceiling edges cutting in with a brush. I then switched to a roller for the main bulk. The problem is the edge finish looks different to that of the roller finish. I've only put one coat so far and it'll need at least two coats. How can I avoid these different looks?

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
You can't. It's a texture issue. Use your roller to get as close to the ceiling as you can and the bit you can't you won't notice.

Don't have the paint your rolling with too thick or the roller will pull the surface up and it will look more orange peel or stipple than ever. Thin the paint down a little. Try and cut in and roller quite quickly and not leave one or the other too long before cutting in or rolling.

Sponsored Links
Cut in, then use a mini roller over the cut in which will give you roller texture as close to the cut in edges as possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back