Problem with paint finish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just finished painting the living and dining rooms using new, fresh Dulux matt and I've done it in exactly the same manner as I've decorated for the past 40 yrs without problems, but I can't get a consistent colour on the walls, there is streaking.

I did the ceilings matt white, 2 coats, no problem. Washed the walls (Dulux matt finish), cut in to the ceiling, frames, skirting, sockets etc. then rollered the walls. Once again, no problem, apart from the need for a second coat.

Next, after drying, I applied a second roller coat to the walls and all seems fine, then finally a second cut in to the ceiling. Now the problem! You can see evidence of the second cutting in brush strokes, not everywhere, just appears to be where the brush has feathered. If I brush over this streaking, I just get new, different streaking.

I've never, ever had this happen before.

Strangely, it is most noticeable near the ceiling, I've checked it out from different angles and heights in case it was a trick of the light, but it is still there.

Any ideas as 'it's doing my head in' as the kids would say?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back