My First House...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All...

I bought it in October 2005 and have been doing DIY ever since...

Mmmm...

Sponsored Links
Almost the same as my house, which i just bought and in process of ripping apart at the mo, its great taking the ceilings down haha

Few more Pictures...

These are the befoe and after pictures of the bathroom, put underfloor heating in the bathroom...

Bath and Sink are left in the same position, I have knocked down thw wall and also left the toilet in the same place...

Only thing i have added was the shower...

There are 2 speakers hidden on either side of the bath and are connected up to the main hifi unit in the house, just in case I need to nip to the loo during a football game, also is much better then listening to a tinny little radio

Sponsored Links
Scewfix is a nic-name that I have had since school...

Nothing to do with the Company so not advertising for them... I'm sure they can advertise for themselves...

The radiator infront of the chimney, did you put an airbrick in behind it? If you block the chimney at the top you'll also need an airbrick higher up too.

If you don't put airbricks in, chances are your chimney will get damp.

The radiator infront of the chimney, did you put an airbrick in behind it? If you block the chimney at the top you'll also need an airbrick higher up too.

If you don't put airbricks in, chances are your chimney will get damp.

I have put a fire place in the front room so have not blocked the chimney up...

I didnt put a air brick in the back room, come to think of it I think I should have, Hopefully there will be enough air circulation from the fireplace in the front room...

I think the bathroom looks awesome.

Iv got to do a bathroom from scratch to and id like to do some like what you've done.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were those tiles and where did you get them from?

I think the bathroom looks awesome.

Iv got to do a bathroom from scratch to and id like to do some like what you've done.

If you don't mind me asking, how much were those tiles and where did you get them from?

Thanks Rob...

I got the tiles from a place called Decor Tiles based in Watford, www.decortiles.co.uk

To be honest I cant remember how much I paid for them Per Square Meter but in total I think they came to about £700...

Hope this helps...

Do you have some pictures of your bathroom that you can put up beofr you start?

thanks screwfix.

yes iv got loads of pics for all the rooms in my flat through every stage.

Im going to start a project thread so you can see the mess iv got myself into!

looks good so far mate takes me back 24 months its taken me i between work to get to almost completion good luck and keep up the good work it is worth it trust me ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back