My first tiling experience - school boy error!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hya Guys, Just need bit of sound advice.

I am in the process of bathroom refurb. I have just primed and tanked my bath/shower walls (strawboard wall) with Dunlop kit last week.
Tonight I have started tiling using mapei keraquik powder adhesive, but I got carried away and forgot that the Boss wanted me to stop halfway up wall to put small border tiles in - which she hasnt yet chose :oops:
I therefore had to remove a line of tiles and scraped as much of the addy of as poss. Can we re-apply the addy to the thin smears that have now dried or will it need priming as its cementy/chaulky. If it needs priming can I use Mapei primer G that I have for my rendered walls? If so will it react with the waterproofing kit?

Many Thanks in advance - Great Forum!

Sponsored Links
I cant see why you cant reapply adhesive unless the dry stuff is sticking off of the wall so much that leveling the tiles to avoid lippage will be a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back