My Focus is broke... :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Leaving the works carpark i have to negotiate a mini roundabout at the top of the entrance.

Earlier tonight, as i straightened up coming out of the roundabout, there was a what i can only describe as a loud 'bang' from the front of the car, where the steering suddenly became biased toward the off-side. I stopped and had a look but with it being dark, i couldn't really see anything untoward so proceeded to limp the car home.

I've noticed though that any time i apply more than half-lock or when straightening up from half lock that there is a 'clunk' from the front of the car.

My car is a W-plate 2000 Ford Focus Zetec 1.8 (petrol)/manual/52000 miles (last serviced 46000miles). I have also noticed recently that there has been uneven wear on both front tyres so i'm thinking a track-rod end has bust...

However, any other diagnosis and ballpark figure to repair appreciated... :)

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Doc

The best and safest option for you is to let someone with car knowledge take a look.It could be one of several things that has gone wrong.A broken coil spring or top bearing on the front suspension leg would make it "clunk"but for your own safety have it checked. :cry:

Sounds like a track rod end, bottom ball joint or anti roll bar failure to me. Get it checked

Sponsored Links
DoctorButcher said:
Going into garage first thing on Monday morning...

Just hope it doesn't hit my wallet too hard... :cry:

A non sequiter if ever!!

Back