My heating has packed up HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any experts around that can help me with a boiler problem.

The pilot light is on but it refuses to ignite. No heating no hot water. Pump running ok and there is power to the motorised valve cos it ticks now and again. Any advice would be gratefully received.

The boiler is a Myson Apollo

Thanks in advance

Alan

Sponsored Links
Does your boiler have a fan on it (small flue) or is it a standard balanced flue boiler(big 12 inch square flue)

put the motorised valve across onto manual. if boiler doesn't fire up and it is the older apollo then it cud be a problem with the gas valve i.e itisn't opening.

I think it is just a standard boiler it has been in since the house was built so is about 20 years old would that give you an indication.

To all apparent purposes the boiler works fine it acts as if nothing has been switched on happily ticking away on pilot

Sponsored Links
The lever on the motorised valve does not seem to do anything it just flops about. Could it be the motorised valve I have just a little knowledge on these things and was going to remove the valve and have a look at it. I am a qualified sparks just not a heating engineer

With the fantastic help of people on this forum I did replace a solenoid in the boiler about a year ago but I doubt that that has any relevance it just fixed the problem at the time

Have a look at the flue ,need to know what you have so to lead you in right direction as in fan/air pressure switch /gas valve. Two copletly different boiler and operation

The wiring diagram inside the cover tells me its a Myson 15/30 30/50 40 and 50/65 I dont know how to find out which one it is tho it does have the programmer built in if that is any help.

Is there voltage to the grey or white wire, is there voltage to the orange wire, is there voltage at the boiler.

Simple, change the head.

The actual flue only looks to be about 4/5 inchs across it goes straight out of the wall and has a big 12" square grill type thing. Sorry my info is not that helpful I expect :(

Check for 240 at the gas valve if its there new solenoid req for gas valve.
Is the gas valve a grey push button or a greeny/yellow one

Basics you have checked nobody has turned an isolating switch off by the boiler

By the gas vlave I assume you mean the solenoid on the gas valve and yes this has voltage to it. Nobody has turned anything off I am the only one here and it worked one minute and nt the next.

I did replace the solenoid about a year or so ago do you think I should take it off and check it ?

The button is a greeny/yellow one and if I pull the wire off the solenoid as I put it back on I can feel it operating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back