My Mira 88 shower : the temperature control does not turn

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved house and the temperature knob doesn't turn even with force. I actually like the shower, it's the same as I had at my old place and we never had any problems with it.

I've been advised that it's broken and may be getting it replaced with the Triton Asana. Will the Triton fit into the Mira fixtures?

I'm a bit torn about what to do. Any views/help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If you’re handy enough it might just need a service kit. Speak to Mira technical for advice, and on their website it’s under £20, and I think you get instructions. If you’re not handy, then could obtain a plumber and Mira do a fixed price repair, but think it can be expensive. I don’t know if the Triton will fit into fixtures, some are bigger some are smaller.

I'm not very handy. The mira engineer costs 165. I might be better to get a new shower, it's just finding on which fits where the mira used to be...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back