my shed build in need of very cheap cladding ideas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there guys I'm new to this forum
i have joined to ask some advice

I have build myself a wood cabin on some land that i rent but i have been building it on a shoe string getting anything as cheap as i can , the building is up now with doors and windows and a roof but i have came to a stop about 7 months ago when its came round to cladding the inside , i want to use some sort of wood and then varnish or oil it but i cant find nothing about at all , i totally refuse to pay the price per meter or foot some folk are wanting for cladding , even used floor boards and scaff boards are so expensive!!

i have access to quite a few good lengths of logs and after watching grand designs
i have seen they can make cladding boards with a planking saw i have seen on YouTube some self made planking saws made from a band saw blade and Tyre's

is there anyone on this forum with such a bit of kit that could do this for me or has anyone got any suggestions on what i could clad the inside with that will be cheap or free

many thanks

Mark

Sponsored Links
Yeah i did think of that i have a freind who has some hardwood pallets but the only thing is they have like 8 very long pins on each bit of board and there a nightmare to get out.. with out splitting the boards

Sponsored Links
I dismantled a dozen pallets, only damaged a small amount, use leverage to prize up each board, only need to move it 10mm then knock it back to expose nail head and remove, if you get large pallets they are around 8ft long and provide plenty of useful timber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back