My Shed to Office Conversion Project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I’m in the planning phase of my new Shed to Office project. I have been given a shed by my father in law (see attached photos). This shed is old school and have been in place since about the late 50`s / early 60`s and I have to say it is absolutely solid!

shed.jpg

shed 2.jpg

shed 2.jpg

Now, I am no DIY expert and this will be my first attempt at a project of this size. We are currently disassembling the Shed for transport to my house. The idea is to split the shed into an office and a bar.. I have been doing my research and am starting to build up a plan of how I want the finished product to look inside. As a basic overview the interior will be lined with a damp proof membrane and then insulate, electric cabling installed and then boarded out. The windows will be replaced with double glazed windows (this is only a plan and I still need to price this up). The shed has a side entrance and this will be closed off and a double door install on the front (also considering a double glazing)

I would really appreciate some advice though to aid my planning..

• I have done a lot of reading with regards to insulation and have also done several trips to various DIY stores… To be honest, I have no bloody idea what type of insulation would be best? Ideally something that would not only insulate but also help with preventing damp. Anny suggestions?
  • As I will have a lot of electric equipment in the Shed, I will need to have some form of ventilation in the shed. How would you suggest ventilating the structure?

Ill carry on adding to this thread as the project develops and hopefully be a good aid for future projects. :)

Attachments

• shed 3.jpg
    shed 3.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 171
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back