my shower probs again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just been on the blower with a local sparky he said the best way to go is to extent the wire at the switch end using a 30amp juction box and pull some wire thru at shower end if i cant do that to use 30amp connectors at the shower end and tape them up to make sure no water can get in :) can any of you that replied give me your thoughts and recomendations on this please

Sponsored Links
just been on the blower with a local sparky he said the best way to go is to extent the wire at the switch end using a 30amp juction box and pull some wire thru at shower end
If you can pull cable through why not pull a complete new length and avoid the JB?

if i cant do that to use 30amp connectors at the shower end
We've already established that 30A isn't enough.

and tape them up to make sure no water can get in :)
If he really thinks that the water ingress protection offered by the shower enclosure is not adequate to keep water off the connector blocks then taping them up should not be his solution.

can any of you that replied give me your thoughts and recomendations on this please
Some professional electricians are slapdash and less competent than they should be.

thanks for advice ive managed to get hold of some 60 amp choc blocks and the reason i cant pull a compleatly new piece through is that the wire ends up in a metal box at the shower end that has a very tight collor on it (the box is very constricted by tiles) so i dont think i would be able to get the new wire through the collor

Sponsored Links
Sorry Pablo see the other post.

Rip it out and start again - that's rip it out before it becomes RIP :cry:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back