My shower (upstairs) goes hot & cold all

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you help? My problem is that my shower (upstairs) goes hot & cold all the time.

I have a Worcester Bosch (WB) combi-boiler. When the shower goes on it lights up and heats the water but after a while the gas light goes off, only to start again a little later. The process repeats itself continually as does the water temperature in the shower. I've reduced the boiler operating temperature and this has helped, but it's by no means perfect. I don't run any washing m/c or dishwasher or other taps as this I believe worsens the situation.

5 years ago I had my house professionally renovated, including new central heating/kitchen/bathroom plumbing with water softener. I re-used the existing Worcester Bosch boiler as it was/still is in good condition and has been serviced regularly ever since. At the last service, I tried to get WB to put it on service contract, but the mains pressure was too erratic for them to take on the contract: they measured the pressure which fluctuates between 1 and 1.5 bar. Thames Water are only contracted to provide 1bar so no help there.

Is there anything I can do to solve this problem and get continual hot water?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back