My UPVC front door only deadlocks half way

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My front door is a upvc door, the problem im having is the handle will only go half way when I push it up, so im unable to lock my door.
Can any one help?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like its dropped which is common with pvc doors, it'll need re toeing and heeling OR adjusting with the hinges. There are generally 2 types of hinges, flag and butt, flag have more scope for adjustment and butts are old school now.

Shut the door and look from outside at the 45 degree weld on the door and see that it runs inline in an extended plane through the weld on the frame, if the door is slightly lower then its dropped, if you have flag hinges then get a 6mm allen key underneath each hinge and wind them up equally, do the top one first to jack the door up and then just wind the middle and bottom up just to take the slack out.

A flag hing should look like this........

http://www.dgsupplyline.co.uk/results.php?category_id=11&sub_category_id=80&range_id=229#

Also shows were to adjust

Sponsored Links
Then you'll need to toe/heel it - a job better left to someone who knows what they are doing. As an interim solution, you could adjust the frame keeps to enable easier locking of the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back