My washer-dryer trips out my fusebox.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Ariston Margherita AV1247C washer-dryer which I was given with no manual, although using a washing machine is usually fairly straightforward! But sometimes when I use it I end up with no electrics. It only happens as/once the wash cycle has finished. The dryer is set to 0 so it doesn't come on. It is not blowing the fuse for the kitchen, but tripping the overall switch for the house, which I then reset. Is there something I should know about the position of the dryer dial when not required? It only happens when the washing cycle has finished. I did once use the dryer, without a problem. By-the-way, the problem only occurs sometimes. On other occasions I use the machine without incident, either during or after. Can you help me? :confused:

Sponsored Links
no not really :cry:

its intermitant it has an earth fault somewhere, it needs to be checked by an appliance engineer with an insulation resistnace tester

this will identify what it is that is causing your RCD to trip

it may be as simple as the motor coveredin carbon, it may be this that or? without seeing and testing its not possible to say, only guess

take the lid off and see if theres a wire loose near the heaterbox or a cut wire touching the cabinet

Sponsored Links
Good idea. Now you mention it, I do remember that the top came off while it was being moved. Maybe something got pulled? Unfortunately the machine is pushed firmly under the sideboard in the kitchen and I can't budge it. Ill have to wait until I can persuade someone big and strong to come and pull it out for me so I can look. I'll let you know what happens.

Thank you for replying! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back