Myra event xs power shower running constantly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My girlfriend has the above shower and today when it was switched off, ie power off and dial turned to the stop position, water continued to flow. The only way I could stop it was to remove the head and hold my thumb over the end of the pipe, for some reason this eventually stopped the water from flowing.

My GF has a plumber coming out from Monday and he has suggested that some parts in the shower are serviceable, however he thinks the problem may be a solenoid that is not serviceable.

Anyway I just wondered if anyone else had any suggestions in the meantime what the problem may be.

Sponsored Links
Could it be as simple as the on switch that you turn has broken inside so its not going off??

thumb over the end may have triggered an overheat or something?

The shower is defiantly off as the pump in the power shower stops making a noise.

This shower is a powered mixer with a supply from both hot and cold water, it does not actually heat the water.

I had a showerforce 2000 which dribbled when turned off. Solution was a new seal set kit - relatively cheap. Not sure if you have same problem.

Sponsored Links
We tried the shower this morning and it's now working as normal again :eek: so I'm not gonna touch it unless it does it again.

Thanks for all the replies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back