Myra sprint shower unit .....hot then freezing!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Could it be just the water flow being intermittent or something else. Having a shower is a real hit and miss thing, one moment its ok-ish then another time it goes from hot to freezing cold and with the slightest of adjustments of the temp control it jumps dramatically from one temperature to another. Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Do you live in a hard water area? If so probably the heater can scaled up and shower keeps going to overheat and cuts out, then when cooled it comes back on again.

Has the shower always done this is has it recently gone wrong?

How old is it?

If it is a thermostatic shower, how sure are you that the hot pipe goes to the hot connector, and the cold pipe to the cold connector, not the other way round? edited: this appies if it is a thermostatic mixer, but not if it is an electric shower

Sponsored Links
Er, John, this is an electric shower unit, not a mixer.

IMHO gas4you had it spot on. In my experience the Triton cut-outs never operate, but the Mira ones are a bit keen - I've seen the latter ones get enthusiastic when it's only the shower head that's clogged.

I think this could be why Mira cans last a lot longer, and Triton ones get heavily scaled. If this is true then it's a pity Triton don't do something about it, but then I suppose they'd sell a lot fewer replacement cans. ;)

Hmm - I wonder if the Mira cut-out will work in a Triton unit? :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back