Shower either burning hot or freezing cold

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi just had this shower

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Quadrant-Shower-Cabin/invt/160602

installed today but its either red hot or freezing cold there's no middle ground, The hot water is supplied from a Baxi duo tech 40kw boiler. The plumber never said the boiler was a problem so assume its not but i dont understand why its not working properly. It's as if the cold water over powers the hot when i start on the hottest setting and slowly turn knob to the colder setting. It just jumps from being hot to freezing and the boiler clicks of and stops providing hot water until turned back to full heat

Any help would be great

Sponsored Links
Flow restrictor? where do i get one of these and would you know the cost, i know the cold water pressure is quite powerful that seems logical

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Yep sounds like H & C wrong way round. Turn shower on and feel the valve (if its a bar mixer that is) the left nut should feel warm/hot and the right nut should feel cold.

HPH

They usually have little stickers on them with red/hot and blue/cold.

Do you have the instuctions. As you look at the valve from behind, its hot on the right cold on the left usually. Id just try swapping the hoses over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back