Mixer shower either freezing or burning!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning,

Looking for some help please. Moved into a flat and have now found that the shower doesn't work properly, being either boiling or freezing (should have done more research I know but it had cold and hot water when I looked at the place).

The shower is http://www.plumbase.com/tprod53843/section1687/aura-combi-bar-shower-set.html, connected to a combi boiler.

I've done some research and it seems that the shower hasn't been fitted properly and the hot and cold pipes have been plumbed in the wrong way round (this is supported by the fact that the hot setting is cold and vice versa).

All other taps are fine. Plumber who installed the bathroom has gone out of business.

Does anyone know whether either of the following options are feasible:

1. Turn the cartridge 180 degrees?
2. Turn the entire unit upside down (it will look odd I know).

Many thanks in advance.

Bobba

Sponsored Links
You've already got the two suggestions I'd give. Try them - you're not going to damage anything.

Turning it upside down should definitely fix it.

Odd? It'll look ridiculous. The outlet will be on top, temperature stop button on the bottom.

Do you not have access to the pipework?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back